Friday, September 11, 2009

body language.



In the middle of the noisy crowded living room I was disturbed by the phone ringing, tv too loud to actually listen, my sister's friends ringing the house bell one after the other and my parents sharing their thoughts on top of their lungs. I was trying hard to concentrate on my inner thoughts.

Today in the middle of my daily noise pollution all was silenced in my head by Akram khan and Sylvia. The breath taking meditation on love and obsession. a display of speed, precision and tender body power.

It shocked me that beyond all cultures and different regions, relegions, languages and ideals one thing was able to transend all these differences and find a common essence...POWER STRUGGLE ...

I found myself and everyone around me relating to the sense of tension in a starting relationship the height of authority desire and the sudden discord..followed by t
he deepest connection. All expressed with body language that could make anyone from anywhere tear down from a heightened reality.

I think it touched me more because I felt I was there in the moment with them fighting on discording silently hoping to connect....

I just saw part of it on you tube and hope one day to see it live...also recommend seeing zero degrees

file:///Users/macbook/Desktop/sacred_monsters.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home